Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Katy Perry Is Halfway Done New Album

Speaking at ASCAP's "I Create Music" Expo on Thursday, Katy Perry gave an update on the recording of her anticipated follow-up to Teenage Dream. According to Billboard, Perry said she is essentially halfway through the process, and added, "When I put myself on a timeline, when I tell the record company when I want to release the album, that’s when the race starts. That’s when I put pressure on myself."
Perry confirmed she is working with many of the producers and songwriters she collaborated with on Teenage Dream, including Max Martin, Dr. Luke and Greg Wells. She joked that she isn't a fan of producers who use aliases, saying, "I wouldn’t meet Dr. Luke for six months because I knew he wasn’t really a doctor. What’s wrong with your first and last name? Why do they have to be from outer space?"
Perry also said she has been collaborating with singer/songwriters Bonnie McKee and Sia as well, according to Billboard. She said that working with McKee "is like an emotional abuse session. Bonnie and I argue [like] we’re in the ring fighting for the best lyric. We presented ‘Teenage Dream’ three times [before it was recorded]." Perry also revealed that she wrote a song with McKee and producer/musician Greg Kurstin called "Double Rainbow."
The discussion of her new album came during an hour long session where Perry was interviewed by ASCAP EVP of Membership Randy Grimmett. Perry discussed her entire career, starting as a teenage Christian pop singer and her time working with other labels and producers before hitting it big with Capitol and "I Kissed A Girl."

0 comments:

Post a Comment